Tuesday 3 July 2012

Rain Of Poems Over London



Last week I saw some great poets and readings as part of The Southbank's Poetry Parnassus. It came to an end on Sunday but not without a helicopter raining poems over London.

I was invited to speak about the wave of new generation London poets/Spoken Word artists. The panal was hosted by Dean Atta and included a host of poets who are really making a mark and becoming a strong voice in London poetry - Kayo Chingonyi, Sonority Turner, as well as a Swedish Slam Champion 'Laura Wihlborg'.

I came across this write up about the day by Carmina Masoliver.

In a conversation about poets finding their way in the 21st Century, Kayo Chingonyi proved to be one of my favourite speakers. He had a clarity, knowledge and passion that was articulated exceptionally well. Though it has to be said that Dean Atta made a delightful statement about wanting to be made into a hologram which made us all smile and chuckle a bit. I also felt I connected to some of what Raymond Antrobus said about there being a difference in writing to yourself and from yourself."

http://carminamasoliver.com/2012/06/30/poetry-parnassus/


Tonight I'm performing a set of poems with Malika Booker, Karen McCarthy & Rachel Rose Reid at the Poetry Library as part of the Southbank's 'London Literature Festival 2012'

Tickets are free but you have to book - I'm told it has ALMOST sold out.

http://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/find/literature-spoken-word/tickets/live-and-on-loan-66733

No comments:

Post a Comment